GMC Denali Road Bike is for those riders who are looking for value and performance. A rider can use it for exercise, for fun and for getting training or as a part of a group. This aluminum frame bike is available in different sizes and colors and thus appeals to both men and women of different statures.
This bike is preferred mostly by beginners and in-between riders who do not prefer to ride a professional bike. Yet they want something that is better and durable than a normal street bike. Even it is preferred by those serious riders who want a road bike that is reliable and inexpensive. It is a Unisex bike and that irrespective of whether it is used by a male or female rider, it offers the style and comfort while on the roads. Many consider it as the stepping stone for fulfilling their racing dreams.
GMC Denali Road Bike Features
This 21-speed road bike is made of 6061 aluminum frame. It is a lightweight bike that has enough rigidity to hit different surfaces on the roads. It weighs about 29 pounds.
The bike has 700c size wheels and as it is a common size for wheels there are plenty of options available when it comes to replacing the wheels. They are rigorous enough for racing on the streets.
It has alloy Vitesse racing rims that are high profile. This means that the rims are taller than the regular spoke rims. The bike gets better aerodynamics and stiffness due to this added height.
It has alloy levers and side pulls brake calipers.
It is available in four sizes that are large (63.5cm Frame), medium (57cm Frame), small (48cm Frame), and extra small (41cm Frame). Different sizes make it possible for both men and women to use this bike.
This bike has three different colors that are quite attractive. The color schemes are Black green, solid red and black pink. They are such sober that makes this bike a unisex bike.
The Shimano rear derailleur and Shimano Revo shifters make it possible to change the gears without losing control. The rear helps in confident gear selection and the shifters make the grips better while the gear is changed.
There is a padded saddle that is designed to provide comfort to the riders while on long rides and it also has a water bottle holder.
Let’s see what are the pros and cons of GMC Denali Road Bike 700c.
- This bike is lightweight and hence it is possible to carry this bike upstairs when necessary. It is sturdy enough to let the biker enjoy while they use this bike.
- It is considered to be a reliable bike by the bikers who bike across the states and on unpredictable roads. This is not like professional bikes, but it is also not like that bike that one can often see on the roads.
- It has versatile in use and for the beginners it is perfect. It can also be used in group biking, getting training and during exercises.
- The color option of the GMC Denali road bike is good enough to be chosen by both men and women. They are such that they cannot be considered totally feminine or masculine. The colors are sober for anybody to use.
- This model of GMC bike is available in four sizes that make it possible for riders of any size to choose it. Whether one is 6 feet tall or less it will get a perfect bike size for them.
- Riders who ride on mountains understand the importance of gear change. This is where this bike gives an advantage to its rider. The Shimano Revo makes it possible for the riders to get a swift and smooth gear transition.
- The wheel size is just ideal for any bike. It is not tough to get the wheel in future as it is the most common size of wheel used.
- The price of this model is another advantage and as it is in the lower ranges it is chosen by most beginners. The features that it offers within this price range are something that is too good for the bikers who have started their biking journey.
- According to many users, this bike is too lightweight. For serious riders sometimes using this bike becomes tough.
- Although the seats are set quite good still many find it uncomfortable. The main problem lies in the assembly of the bike.
- There are issues with the tires and the brakes. It may have high profile alloy Vitesse racing rims but they are not of high quality. The size of the tires is good enough but there can be an improvement in the quality of the tires.
- This model of the bike is partially assembled and thus one will need to mount the handlebars and the front wheel.
Buying Recommendations for GMC Denali Road Bike
No doubt that there are certain cons that may pose a question in the buyer’s mind that whether to invest in this bike or not? However, when comes the question of reliability and longevity this bike is good enough for the beginners. They can learn biking, practice on it for hours and even go too long distance tours.
It’s true that there are certain issues with qualities of certain parts of the bike but with only a few hundred dollars one should not expect to get a professional quality bike. This is a casual long distance reliable bike that is available at a most competitive price $187.99.
For those who are expecting to be professional riders soon may not be satisfied with the quality of the bike, but then they should be ready to spend a fortune. This is a good entry level bike for those serious riders who expect to become racers soon but now cannot afford the huge cost of racing bikes. It needs fine tuning after assembling and that will not be that tough.
Finally, it can be said that for those who want a bike badly to chase their racing dreams nothing can be a better option for them other than the GMC Denali Road bike.